On-site quality control
The motorized pull-off force measuring device SQS15 from Schäfer is used for testing the strength of crimp connections. Reliable measurement results can be obtained quickly using various test methods. The graphic display provides simple and exact evaluation.
Testing process for quality assurance
The controlled drive allows a constant pull-off speed over the entire measuring period. The tensile force is measured with an accuracy of +/-0.5 % and shown in the display with a resolution of 0.1 N. When the cable connection is broken, the peak value is automatically stored and compared with the specified limit value. Various test sequences can be selected:
• Pulling off and tearing out
• Pulling off and holding (non-destructive test)
• Pulling off, holding and tearing out
The very simple and intuitive operation ensures reproducible test results. The operator inserts the cable and feeds the free end into the combined clamping and pulling device with quick locking system. Two adapters with 12 different slot widths from 0.5 mm to 6.0 mm are available for fixing the terminals . Optional software from Schäfer enables quick display and creation of test reports with statistics and individual results in various languages.
Wide range of applications
The robust design has proven itself both for use in quality assurance and in production. The SQS15 pull-off force tester can be used to test cable connections with ferrules, plug pins, solder pins or similar components according to DIN, EN, BS, IEC, UL, SAE and MIL standards. Depending on the respective standard, a constant pulling speed of 25 to 350 mm/min can be set.
Innovation through commitment
In summary, the SQS15 provides you with the following advantages:
• Simple operation using the touch display
• Clamping and pulling device with quick locking system
• Adapater for fixing most common terminals
• Various test methods with preset parameters
• Automatic determination of peak values
• High accuracy and precise reproducibility
• Motorized pull-off with constant pulling speed
• Clear output of measured results
• Optional software for detailed analysis